ASFINAG – Enterprise GIS Portal
WebOffice is now part of our company-wide IT infrastructure - inspiring how easy it was and how many in-house users can now use geo-intelligence in their daily work.
ASFINAG plans, finances, maintains and tolls the entire Austrian motorway and expressway network covering 2.178 km (1.353 mi). Monitoring, expansion and modernization plus safety are additional tasks and targets to be met.
Within ASFINAG a multitude of systems, ranging from well-known SAP and Microsoft Sharepoint to highly specialized applications need to collaborate for service, maintenance, planning and construction. GIS has become an integral part to all these processes. ASFINAG has introduced WebGIS using ArcGIS for Server plus SynerGIS WebOffice in 2007. As of today, more than 300 employees use WebGIS each day - improving the state of information, sharing and transferring knowledge, collaboration and understanding location, assets and processes.
GIS supported processes using WebOffice:
- Resourcing of Geodata (Orthos, Topo, Survey, As-built, ...)
- Tasks: Edit, Query, Search, Upload, ...
- Road-network assets (Buildings, Stationing, Signs, Ramps, Incidents, ...)
- Toll-Management (Sales, Return, Infrastructure, ...)
- SAP-Integration (Proposals, Planning) and Sharepoint (Information regarding Incidents)
- Analysis /Simulation /Planning of Emergencies, Hazards, Noise, ...
- Integration with Road-Sign Database
- Collaboration with Austrian GDI
Our primary contact at ASFINAG, Mag. Peter Aubrecht from ASFINAG Service GmbH, Department of Asset Management states: „WebOffice is now part of our enterprise IT infrastructure – amazing how easy that was and how many people are now able to use geo-intelligence in their daily routine”.
ASFINAG Service GmbH / ASFINAG
- Outstanding features:
SAP & Sharepoint Integration
- Point of Contact:
SynerGIS Informationssysteme GmbH A-1120 Wien
Tel: +43 1 878 06-0