Oil & Gas Industry WebGIS
Rapid information dissemination,
advanced spatial analysis,
Lifecycle Information cross-company from exploration to production: Use highly specialized applications and gather data. WebOffice combines results, visualizes know-how and gives every asset a "where".
Starting from initial design via contracting, construction, operations, maintenance all the way to decommissioning and final dismantling: Those workflows are interconnected and require planning and documentation throughout the whole life-cycle. This will succeed using a centralized information system that is capable of displaying all data (e.g. pipelines, anomalies/coating defects, splitters, sensors, also sites, leases, parcels, easements) in its spatial context. It will assist you in monitoring fulfillment of regulatory frameworks or environmental constraints plus help you document measures and precautions taken to ensure the safety of your staff.
Using Weboffice you screen and edit geodata in a web-based and simple to use UI. A suite of productivity tools supports all tasks: From editing into a central data repository via service generation for rapid information dissemination to spatial analysis and high-end output as maps and reports. It is just a few steps to create a project that combines role based usermanagement, process-oriented workflows, tight data-security and individually configured clients for office use, public information access or field-crew enablement. Integration of third-party systems like a Mining Mapping Application or document management software is easy using the supplied programming interfaces.
- Pipeline operators
- Natural gas providers
- Planing bodys
- Consulting engineers
- Construction companys
- Maintenance service providers
Features and Workflows
WebOffice can be used in any combination with all abilities of the ArcGIS ecosystem to optimally model tasks, install cooperative projects and implement information portals. A Pipeline Information Management System (PIMS) to ensure availability and accessibility of measures, values, status, tasks and locations is a prerequisite in most scenarios of this business.
To work with a WebGIS that brings all this together means: Work with a simple user interface in a browser environment - and combine these workflows to form your solution:
Create and maintain your assets
for enterprise information systems
- Capture and display objects and their attributes with a spatial location: pipelines, registered defects, splitters, sensors, also sites, leases, parcels, easements, ...
- Link objects to photos, pdf-documents (contracts, inspection protocols, ...), plans or other files
- Make use of open data (e.g. WM(T)S, WFS, OSM®, BING)
Be current on all statistics/trends and
monitor them in one central location
- Visualize spatial data, query it and create statistics
- Use full-text-search to find and retrieve element details
- View and analyze sensor information, supply chains and sites in near real-time
Plan ahead for maintenance
and future development
- Know about the "wheres" of all of your ressources
- Appraise effects of action taken (e.g. what effect on my network will it have to close this valve down)
- Check on permitted emergency procedures to solve a malfunction
- Find all objects (e.g. safety devices, hookups) meeting certain criteria within a given perimeter
- Trigger activites for affected people/elements (e.g. serial letter, report, work order)
Have access to an integrated
Pipeline Management System
- Life-cycle management of pipeline-projects
- Management and up-to-date overview of pipebooks, cathodic protection, ...
- Extended features like pipeline profiles, action tracking or class location analysis.
- Minimize environmental hazards by pipeline loss prevention
- Access your proprietary pipeline database schema or APDM. Alternatively upgrade your pipeline data model to our WebOffice PODS Spatial Enabled (based on PODS 6.1)
Use a pipeline data model that is
PODS 6 compatible
- Create pipeline data in an ArcSDE database and easily transfer it into a PODS datamodel
- This guarantees availability of all data (pipeline-locations, materials, components, valves, repairs) and their respective parameters in an international and transferable standard
Make use of extended Language support
and real multi-lingual features
- International cooperation is standard in this industry - and we support it from GUI to content, no matter if Englisch, Russian, Arabic, German, Romanian, French, Hungarian ...) - one View, many Languages
- Linear Referencing: Locate positions along a segment by its distance from a given reference point
- Use "triangulation out of the box" to retrieve 3D-distances taking terrain changes into account
Field work mobile solution
and enhanced routing for enterprises
- Data entry of attributes and editing of geometry via mobile touchscreen device (e.g. parcels, landmarks, inspection record)
- Offer extended routing that includes on-site navigation for your own plants/leases/assets
- Document damages/accidents/maintenance needs using geo- or object-related photos. Upload them and retrieve them via the map
Fine-grained control of user-rights
for editing, viewing, querying
- Detailed control of access and read/write/create rights
(by seperate usermanagement or e.g. LDAP-Integration)
- Define collaboration and sharing between Office, field-crews, business executives and technical staff while insuring data integrity and safety
- Make use of reports to chronicle data, measurements, records, damages,...
- Any measure taken can immediately be documented with a predefined report
- Adjust objekt-labels according to the current need by using multiline free labeling
Use extended print/plot features
through the web
- Plot series: Select an extent that will result in a series of pages with the same scale
- Index plot: Maintain scale for linear features across multiple pages
- Add properly layoutet tables
- Import user-based content like LDAP-attributes, logos, ...
third party systems
- Use existing APIs to link to other software packages (e.g. BI, external databases, technical software)
- WebOffice as a PIMS-hub: CartoPac for field data acquisition, One Call (US-Market), CCTV Leak Detection, Maximo, WebGEN or SCADA
The following are references of SynerGIS WebOffice as used by different "oil and gas industry" customers. These references are only a small fraction of todays more than 360 servers in operation.
Have you got questions? Do you want to learn more about WebOffice?
Our experts will assist in breaking down your industry-specific tasks and will be glad to give you an introductory webcast about WebOffice and its usecases in comparable environments. Please send us your questions, we are more than glad to discuss products, customization, technical details, pricing and any other issues with you!
Relevant Esri Links
SynerGIS WebOffice is a Server Object Extension to ArcGIS for Server – a concept explicitly built into ArcGIS to custom-extend it. Below you can find more informations about ArcGIS:
ArcGIS for Server enables ArcGIS within Your IT Infrastructure:
Organize & share information throughout your organization via maps and apps:
Prioritize construction and maintenance, comply with regulations: